Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What couldn't you live without?

Our classroom was asked to bring in atleast 5 artifacts that define us...
The interesting part of the exercise was that many of brought very similar items. This then brought about the question, how can one learn about different cultures based on the artifacts that might be left behind? This  became an overall encompassing idea from the exercise.
We talked about how students would likely enjoy this exercise as much a we did. And as a bonus would be a great way to build our future classroom community, because as a result another opportunity to get to know each other better presented itself.
My collection of artifacts consisted of:
  • Bible- there is nothing in this world more powerful than the God's word
  • wedding ring- my marriage is a big part of who I am
  • Airman coin- the Air Force greatly impacted my life and I'm proud to be an American
  • Jo's collar- animals are a major passion of mine
  •  pictures-my husband, dog and nephew
  • dice- I am an old school gamer

No comments:

Post a Comment